Home & Commercial Elevators
The Savaria Gearless home elevator is for those who appreciate the very best. Gearless traction technology provides a whisper quiet ride that glides smoothly from start to finish. More…
The Orion elevator is designed with features you would expect in a high-rise elevator but built for commercial low-rise buildings. The Savaria Orion elevator was designed for limited use/limited application (LU/LA) commercial projects and is well-suited for use in educational settings, places of worship and up to 3-story professional offices. More…
The Infinity luxury home elevator is the ultimate smooth, quiet ride thanks to its precision hydraulic drive system. With gradual acceleration and deceleration, your ride starts and stops smoothly, automatically levelling at each landing. More…
The Eclipse residential elevator is a smooth riding elevator that doesn’t require a separate machine room so it takes less space in the home and usually takes less time to install than hydraulic elevators. More…
One of the easiest and quickest ways to add an elevator to your home is with the Savaria Telecab “through the floor” home elevator. This unit requires minimal construction because no elevator hoistway is required for installation. Its modern design accommodates 2 stops making it our most economical elevator. More…
How do you Choose?
- If you need an elevator that travels between only 2 floors and you have construction or budget limitations, consider the Telecab.
- If you want a more traditional style elevator in your home that travels through an enclosed hoistway, choose the Infinity or Eclipse.
- If you want the ultimate smooth ride, choose the Infinity for a hydraulic system
- If you need extra weight capacity, the Infinity can be ordered to handle up to 1400 lb (635 kg).
- If you have space concerns to house the drive mechanism, the Eclipse is machine roomless.
- The Eclipse, Gearless and Infinity offer the same extensive range of options for finishing the interior.
Information To Consider
Here are some things to think about to help choose the right solution:
Travel distance: How far will your home elevator travel (in inches or centimeters)?
Stops: How many stops do you need? An elevator starts with 2 stops, but you can add up to 6 depending on the model and travel distance required.
Construction Requirements: The Eclipse and Infinity elevators require hoistway construction, a pit below the elevator and overhead space above the top landing. Pit depths vary from 6” to 14”, while overhead space – which is measured from the floor of the top landing to the ceiling – varies from 92” to 112”. The Infinity elevator requires space for machine room (usually in the basement or attic) to house the drive system. The Eclipse elevator is machine roomless, so there is no requirement for a special room to house the mechanical components. The Telecab requires no pit or hoistway for two stops.
Type: You will see the term Type listed with our home elevators. Type refers to the configuration for the entry and exit doors. This will be an important decision to construct your elevator in our factory.
- Type 1: There is 1 door for entry/exit in the traditional front position (90° from the wall along which the elevator travels).
- Type 2: There are 2 doors located opposite each other (straight through access)
- Type 3: There are 2 doors located 90° from each other.
- Type 4: Similar to Type 3, but doors are located in a different position in the car.
- Type 5: Similar to Type 1, but the door is located opposite to the wall along which the elevator travels.
Options: Savaria home elevators offer many different options to fit your needs. You will want to determine the interior size of your elevator cab from our list of options, choose the type of doors you want (manual gate, automatic door or even 2-speed metal doors). You can also choose the interior finishes including hardwood, veneer or melamine. Savaria can also provide further customization and working with your local dealer, we can find the right solution for you. We will even build an elevator so that the interior can be finished onsite if you prefer. Our product pages explain the options available for each model.
Your Savaria home elevator comes with a 3-year warranty for parts. An elevator is similar to a car or a furnace and should be serviced regularly to ensure it remains in good working order. We offer service contracts to make it easier to maintain your maintenance schedule. When you purchase your elevator, the warranty is provided through us. Should anything go wrong with your elevator, you will need to contact us as we are familiar with the exact specifications of your installation.